2011 is here and hopefully we are all refreshed and ready to tackle another year in the multifamily industry. These are always times for personal reflection but what about professional reflection? Children are such amazing examples when it comes to asking questions aren’t they? This is almost to a fault sometimes when the “why’s” don’t ever seem to end. However there is such a good lesson in this for us. Have we forgotten to ask ourselves the right questions? After analyzing all the discussions from 2010 the list below is what I came up with that all of us in our industry should pay attention to for 2011. Asking ourselves good questions will certainly help us have a successful 2011!
- Allocate marketing funds towards mobile marketing
- Connect your community to your overall community
- Improve closing ratios by focusing more on your people then technology
- Harness the power of your local market
- Lose the retro website and convert it into a daily breathing machine
- Pursue psychographic marketing avenues
- Enhance and improve coaching and mentoring programs
- Lose the ROI tunnel vision and incorporate other variables in your decisions
- Analyze and implement green options for your communities
- Discover and promote your company culture
Can you add to this list? What are you determined to make adjustments to in 2011? Do you agree or disagree with my list above? As always I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. . If you want to make sure you do not miss out on any posts, please consider subscribing by email here or by RSS feed. For those who subscribe by email, Feedburner will email you a confirmation link that you must click though in order to receive the regular posts. Thanks for stopping by!
Written by Jonathan Saar